Peevishness

Many are my pet peeves.

For one thing, Blogger is making everything italicized right now for some reason. This was not where this post was going, which should be obvious because how would I know until I started typing, Silly?

Instead, I thought I'd share a recent example of one of my [numerous] work-related annoyances. Specifically, both our esteemed anchors and producers take great pride in the fine art of the segue, which is all well and good until one realizes that, sometimes, attempting to connect two stories makes you (and, by extension, our entire newscast) look and sound ridiculous. Here's a copy-and-pasted gem from last night's 9pm:

NUCLEAR POWERED AIRPLANES MAY COME TOO LATE TO SAVE THE FROGS AND SALAMANDERS IN YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK.


I coul... Hey! No more italics.

Anywho, I could go on for several paragraphs regarding my newsroom's incompetencies (how does one work in a field of journalism when one regularly spells quote as "quoat"?*), but it's my day off and I'd rather not get my blood a boilin'. I'm already missing my lady terribly, thank you kindly.

So, without further ado, here are two exquisite shows with which you may want to familiarize yourself**:








*Seriously
**Not ending a sentence with a preposition = journalism!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny... I saw this BBC cooking show on the TV last night. It taught me that I am definitely not British.